|The Counselors of Real Estate is the membership organization established exclusively for real estate advisors who provide intelligent, unbiased, and trusted advice for a client or employer.
Founded in 1953, the organization serves 1,100 members worldwide, all who hold the "CRE" designation. CREs are linked to one another by their commitment to integrity, competence, community, trust, and service; and they adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice.
The purpose of the organization is to serve as an information resource and to provide its members with opportunities for professional development, knowledge sharing, and networking, all grounded in a culture of camaraderie.
Membership in the organization is awarded by invitation only through peer, employer and client review. To be considered for membership, applicants demonstrate that:
- They provide valuable and meaningful real estate counseling services to their clients or employer;
- They hold a senior position in a firm;
- They are recognized for their excellence, knowledge, integrity, and judgment;
- They have at least ten years of experience in real estate, three of which are in counseling; and
- They meet all other basic membership guidelines.