The Real Estate Encyclopedia
What Type of Professional Help will I need to Conduct my Business?
Category - Professional Development - Become a Real Estate Agent
In order to conduct your business efficiently, you will typically need the help of an attorney and an accountant.

It is good practice for every individual to have access to an attorney, even for personal matters such as wills. When you have a business, you will have legal questions upon occasion and must have access to a responsible party, intimately familiar with real estate.

Typically, your broker will have an established relationship or even partnership with an excellent real estate attorney. Your broker should be able to guide you when in doubt regarding a legal question related to a transaction. You may also want, at times, to be able to refer your client to a competent attorney.

Regarding accounting services, although do-it-yourself accounting software is plentiful and easy to use, it is not the sole answer. Especially in connection with taxes, you want to hire a knowledgeable professional who can assist you in keeping track of your business expenses and provide useful tips on how to maintain the necessary information. Remember, as an independent contractor, you will be required to make your tax payments on a quarterly basis. Your broker or fellow agents might be a good start for a referral to a knowledgeable accountant.
Professional Development - Become a Real Estate Agent
Home   |   About Us   |   Contact Us   |   Patrons   |   FAQ's   |   Site Map
© 2008 - All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for visiting Real Estate Wiki - the leading dictionary, directory, encyclopedia and glossary for the real estate and mortgage industries .